SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Seniors Elise Urkov and Patricia Sweeney were honored as the Booster Club Scholar-Athletes of the Year, while Myra Anwar and Jade Borg received the Booster Club Leadership Award.
The Booster Club Scholar-Athlete award is given to the senior scholar-athlete that exemplifies the Spirit of SF through exceptional achievement in both the classroom and athletics.
Urkov was a four-year member of the soccer program, serving as a team captain as a senior and earning Offensive Most Valuable Player honor after scoring three goals and recording a team-best 10 assists. As a student, Urkov has a 4.33 GPA and has received Highest Honor Roll all four years. She was the Sac-Joaquin Section Lacky Scholarship Award recipient as the top female student-athlete from the Delta League. She also received the Principal's Pilar of Excellence Award.
Sweeney, who had a 4.13 cumulative grade point average, was the golf team Most Valuable Player and team captain in 2018. She led the team in scoring average in duals and for 18 holes and earned medalist in three events. She was named to the All-Delta League for the fourth time in her career. She will be attending Boston College.
"It means a lot to me to be nominated for this award," said Sweeney.
The Booster Club Leadership Award is given to the senior who exemplifies the Spirit of SF through leadership in athletics.
Senior Myra Anwar, who signed to play at the University of the Sciences, was a captain of the tennis team. Anwar was a four-year letter winner for the Troubadours, playing exclusively at the No. 1 singles position for the last three seasons. She compiled 40 career wins for the Troubadours, helping the program to four consecutive Delta League team titles and four straight Sac-Joaquin Section playoff appearances. Anwar led the Troubies to the 2017 Sac-Joaquin Section title and two runner-up section finishes and three CIF NorCal Regional appearances.
Borg was a standout for the lacrosse team. She was the recipient of the Troubie Ambush Award as the Offensive Most Valuable Player. She was the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee President for the 2018-19 season and helped coordinate the school's Girls and Women in Sport day.
Other awards recognized by the Booster Club include the Charles Chan Spirit of Service Award given to the Golf team for the sponsoring of a Movie Night for the children living in residence at St. John's Program for Real Change.
The Varsity Softball was received the Varsity Team GPA Championship with a 3.69 team grade point average, while the Freshman Volleyball team received the sub-varsity GPA title with a 3.73 grade point average.
Athletics Excellence Award Recipients
- Basketball - Lauren Pank
- Basketball - Nika Bagatelos
- Basketball - Maya Curiale
- Cross Country- Sophie DeBenedetti
- Cross Country - Cate Joaquin
- Cross Country - Isabella Fauria
- Dive - Callista Stanley
- Dive - Madison Miles
- Golf - Patricia Sweeney
- Golf - Oliva Alcoran
- Lacrosse - Jade Borg
- Lacrosse - Sophia Gorona
- Soccer - Janae DeFazio
- Soccer - Lindsey Porter
- Soccer - Elise Urkov
- Softball - Chloe Smith, Grace Jenkins
- Softball - Bella Valentine, Hope Jenkins
- Swim - Hannah Parulan
- Swim - Emma Peters
- Swim - Jaclynn Burgess
- Swim - Victoria Cao
- Tennis - Alisha Anwar
- Track & Field - Reyna Johnson
- Track & Field - Isabella Fauria
- Track & Field - Cate Joaquin
- Track & Field - Serena Shimada
- Volleyball - Alexa Edwards
- Volleyball - Sam Chavez
- Volleyball - Kathryn Kramer
Student-Athlete Award Recipients
- Alyssa Appel, Cross Country – Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Scholarships
- Madison Bachelor, Volleyball – Certificate of Merit, Mathematics
- Elizabeth Cole, Cross Country/T&F - Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Scholarships
- Alexis Dozier, Diving – Pillar of Christian Service Award
- Alexa Edwards, Volleyball – Junior Pillar of Leadership
- Sofia Garaygay, Swimming – Cornette Scholarship
- Taylore Givens, Track and Field – Pillar Award – Theology; – Certificate of Merit, Social Studies; Troubie Spirit Award
- Abigael Konigsfeld, Softball – Kathleen Riose Memorial Scholarship
- Cassidy Lourim, TF/XC – National Merit Commended Students; Campus Ministry Pillar of Faith
- Hannah Malek, Basketball – Junior Pillar of Exellence
- Elena Moorehead, Cross Country – SFHS Alumnae Legacy Award
- Marie Pahos, T&/XC – National Merit Commended Students; – Certificate of Merit, Science
- Abby Palko, XC/Track and Field – Sophomore Pillar of Faith
- Prince Pascua, Basketball – Porter Family Scholarship
- Izabel Quackenbush, XC/Soccer/Lacrosse – Sophomore Pillar of Excellence
- Isabell Roa-Rodriguez, Softball - Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Scholarship
- Haley Silva, XC/Track and Field – Junior Pillar of Faith
- Alexis Soloaga, Soccer - National Merit Commended Students, National Hispanic Recognition program Scholars
- Calista Stanley, Diving – Patron of the Arts Award, Visual Arts
- Elise Urkov, Soccer – United States Military Academy at West Point Appointment