The Booster Club starts each school year with Sports Physical Night. This is an excellent opportunity for all athletes to complete their required physical exam for any sport, even springtime sports. The cost is nominal and athletes, along with their parents, will have an opportunity to meet many coaches. This evening also offers on-campus fingerprinting services for our incoming parent volunteers and a chance to shop the Troubie Store for uniform needs. (See information about the Parent Service Program and Diocesan Requirements, including fingerprinting, at Parent Volunteering).
Every student on an SFHS sports team must have a current Preparticipation Physical Form on file prior to the first work-out. Physicals are good for the 2019-20 season performed after June 1. To facilitate this process, St. Francis High School’s Booster Club is sponsoring a Sports Physical Clinic. The clearance obtained will be good for Fall, Winter or Spring sports during the entire 2019-20 school year. A representative from each of the sports teams will be on hand to answer questions. Additionally, all parent volunteers are required to have fingerprint clearance on file. A Livescan provider will be available from 5:00 p.m- 8:00 p.m, there is a fee for this service.
The physicals are free for daughters of Lifetime Booster Club Members and the $25 fee will be discounted by $5 per athlete for annual and 4-year members.
- Wear shorts and loose fitting T-Shirts
- Check-in is located outside gym
- Make check payable to St. Francis Booster Club
- Bring completed and signed 2016-17 Preparticipation Physical Form (see link below). Forms will also be available that evening.
- AIS Livescan fingerprinting service for parents will begin prior to the sports physicals, beginning at 5:00 p.m. The cost is $44.50 per person.
The state mandates student-athletes to have a comprehensive physical form filled out each year before being allowed to tryout, practice and compete in sports at the high school level. Please note that St. Francis will only give clearance to student-athletes that turn in a completed St. Francis High School Preparticipation Physical Form (Only after June 1).
For more information about Sports Physicals, contact:
WINTER SPORT TRYOUT INFORMATION
The St. Francis basketball team will host tryouts during the week of Nov. 4. The Varsity team will conduct tryouts from 6-7:30 a.m. in the Gym and Armory, while the Junior Varsity program will work out from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in the Armory and Freshmen team will tryout from 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the Armory.
All student-athletes must have a current physical on file with the Athletics Department and Final Forms registration complete before trying out.
|Daily Event||Canned food drive||Sports Day||Mass||Build Day||HC Rally|
|Volleyball||Gym 3:30-5pm||PLAYOFF GAME -7pm||Gym 3:30-5||Gym 6am-7:30a||Armory 3:30-5p|
|Varisty BB||Armory 6-7:30a||Armory 6-7:30a||Armory 6-7:30a||Armory 6-7:30a||Armory 6-7:30a|
|JV Gold||Armory 3:30-5pm||Gym 3:30-5pm||Armory 3:30-5pm||Armory 3:30-5pm||Fitness center|
|JV Red (frosh)||Gym 5:10p-6:40||Gym 3:30-5pm||Gym 5:10p-6:40||Armory 5-6:30||Fitness center|
|Cristo Rey HS||Armory 5:30-7:30p||Armory 5:30-7:30pm||Armory 5:30-7:30p||Armory 6:30-8:30p||Armory 5:30-7:30pm|
The St. Francis soccer program will strt tryout during the week of Nov. 4.
FITNESS SESSIONS: 3/week = Mon, Wed & Thurs from 3:30-4:45pm
- will begin on Monday, Sep 30 – Thursday Oct 24h
- Monday 10/14 will be off (no school that day)
- All session will be held on the soccer field, on campus unless otherwise noted
- PAPER WORK/PHYSICAL IS DUE to KELLY KETCHAM by THURSDAY, SEP 26th….3 WEEKS+
- No form, NO FITNESS, NO EXCEPTIONS – get this done
FITNESS TEST: Will be the week of Oct 28, 29, 30 & 31 (on campus unless the weather jams us up)
- 20 yrd Shuttle… will be ranked… 60-65 sec is goal for EACH rep
- will be a criteria…will be taken into consideration = COULD determine if you MAKE THE TEAM
- Fit Packet… will be posted for you to download, I suggest you print your own copy
- More than you need…
- It's positive… inclusive… recovery, technical development… take advantage!!
TRY-OUTS: will begin Mon Nov 4th at least 7 sessions…
FALL SPORT TRYOUT INFORMATION
Cross Country practice officially starts on August 13 and meets in the Fitness Center after school. All runners must have a physical on file with the Athletic Department prior to the start of participation and Final Forms Registration completed. Questions? Contact Head Coach Aaron Rios at email@example.com.
The St. Francis golf team will host a Meet and Greet on August 14 with tryouts starting August 15th. All players must have a physical on file with the Athletic Department prior to the start of tryout participation and Final Forms Registration completed. Questions? Contact Assistant Athletic Director Steve Shaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golf Tryout Dates (UPDATED)
- 8/14 Meet and Greet 4-5:30 pm Haggin Oaks Putting Green
- 8/19 Tryouts 4-7 pm Haggin Oaks Arcade Round #1 (5 Tee Times)
- 8/20 Tryouts 4-7 pm Haggin Oaks Arcade Round #2 (5 Tee Times)
The St. Francis tennis team will host tryouts starting August 8 over five dates (August 8, 9, 13-15). In addition to August 8, the program will have tryouts on August 9 AND August 13-15 at Rio del Oro Racquet Club. All players must have a physical on file and Final Forms registration completed with the Athletic Department prior to the start of tryout participation.
St. Francis is coming off a season that included 21-3 overall record and fourth consecutive Delta League title. The Troubadours reached the CIF NorCal semifinals, equaling the best finish in school history.
Tennis Tryout Dates
- August 8,9 at Rio del Oro,12:00-3:00 p.m.
- August 13-15 at Rio del Oro, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Contact Head Coach Kristi Spector at email@example.com with question
Volleyball tryouts are open to all SFHS students. Students must have a current 2019-2020 St. Francis High School Physical Form and Final Forms registration complete on file with the Athletic Director in order to participate.
All Freshmen are to wear a solid white t-shirt with their first name on the front and their last name on the back, each day during tryouts. A sharpie can be used to write your name on the t-shirts. For more information, contact Head Coach Alynn Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Freshmen Team) All Freshmen-(Check-in-Fitness Center-2:30pm-2:50pm) 2:50pm-5pm
- (JV Team) All Sophomores-4:30pm-6:30pm
- (Varsity Team) Returning Varsity players, Juniors and Seniors-6pm-8:30pm
- Freshmen- 2:30pm- 4:30pm
- Varsity- 5:30pm-8pm
August 7th (Varsity Team Cut Day)
- Freshmen-2:30pm- 4:30pm
- Varsity- 5:30pm-8pm
August 8th (JV Team and Freshmen Team Cut Day)
- Varsity Practice-3:30pm-5:30pm
August 9th (Varsity and JV Practice in Armory)
- Varsity Practice TBA-
- JV Practice TBA-
- Freshmen-Freshmen Family Mass and Overnight Retreat
(All times are subject to change)
VARSITY WATER POLO TRYOUT INFORMATION
The St. Francis varsity water polo team will host tryouts starting August 19 and continue Aug. 20-23 at Jesuit High School from 6:30-8:00 p.m. All players must have a physical on file with the Athletic Department and competed Final Forms registration prior to the start of tryout participation. Questions? Contact Head Coach Emily Whalen at email@example.com.
Water Polo Tryout Dates
- Mon-Aug. 19 V WP Training 630-8:30 p.m. at Jesuit
- Tues-Aug.20 V WP Training 630-8:30 p.m. at Jesuit
- Wed-Aug. 21 V WP Training 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Jesuit
- Thurs-Aug. 22 V WP Training 630-8:30 p.m. at Jesuit
- Fri-Aug. 23 V WP Training 630-8:30 p.m. at Jesuit
JUNIOR VARSITY WATER POLO TRYOUT INFORMATION
Training starts on August 19 at Rio Americano High School from 5:30-7:15 a.m. weekdays. All players must have a physical on file with the Athletic Department and competed Final Forms registration prior to the start of tryout participation. Questions? Contact Head Coach Emily Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JV Water Polo Tryout Dates
- Mon-Aug. 19 JV WP Training at 5:30-7:15 a.m. at Rio HS
- Tues-Aug. 20 JV WP Training at 5:30-7:15 a.m. at Rio HS
- Wed-Aug. 21 JV WP Training at 5:30-7:15 a.m. at Rio HS
- Thurs-Aug. 22 JV WP Training at 5:30-7:15 a.m. at Rio HS
- Fri-Aug. 23 JV WP Training at 5:30-7:15 a.m. at Rio HS