The Booster Club starts each school year with Sports Physical Night. This is an excellent opportunity for all athletes to complete their required physical exam for any sport, even springtime sports. The cost is nominal and athletes, along with their parents, will have an opportunity to meet many coaches. This evening also offers on-campus fingerprinting services for our incoming parent volunteers and a chance to shop the Troubie Store for uniform needs. (See information about the Parent Service Program and Diocesan Requirements, including fingerprinting, at Parent Volunteering).
Every student on an SFHS sports team must have a current Preparticipation Physical Form on file prior to the first work-out. Physicals are good for the 2019-20 season performed after June 1. To facilitate this process, St. Francis High School’s Booster Club is sponsoring a Sports Physical Clinic. The clearance obtained will be good for Fall, Winter or Spring sports during the entire 2019-20 school year. A representative from each of the sports teams will be on hand to answer questions. Additionally, all parent volunteers are required to have fingerprint clearance on file. A Livescan provider will be available from 5:00 p.m- 8:00 p.m, there is a fee for this service.
The physicals are free for daughters of Lifetime Booster Club Members and the $25 fee will be discounted by $5 per athlete for annual and 4-year members.
- Wear shorts and loose fitting T-Shirts
- Check-in is located outside gym
- Make check payable to St. Francis Booster Club
- Bring completed and signed 2016-17 Preparticipation Physical Form (see link below). Forms will also be available that evening.
- AIS Livescan fingerprinting service for parents will begin prior to the sports physicals, beginning at 5:00 p.m. The cost is $44.50 per person.
The state mandates student-athletes to have a comprehensive physical form filled out each year before being allowed to tryout, practice and compete in sports at the high school level. Please note that St. Francis will only give clearance to student-athletes that turn in a completed St. Francis High School Preparticipation Physical Form (Only afer June 1).
For more information about Sports Physicals, contact:
FALL SPORT TRYOUT INFORMATION
Volleyball tryouts are open to all SFHS students. Students must have a current 2019-2020 St. Francis High School Physical Form and Final Forms registration complete on file with the Athletic Director in order to participate.
All Freshmen are to wear a solid white t-shirt with their first name on the front and their last name on the back, each day during tryouts. A sharpie can be used to write your name on the t-shirts. For more information, contact Head Coach Alynn Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Freshmen Team) All Freshmen-(Check-in-Fitness Center-2:30pm-2:50pm) 2:50pm-5pm
- (JV Team) All Sophomores-4:30pm-6:30pm
- (Varsity Team) Returning Varsity players, Juniors and Seniors-6pm-8:30pm
- Freshmen- 2:30pm- 4:30pm
- Varsity- 5:30pm-8pm
August 7th (Varsity Team Cut Day)
- Freshmen-2:30pm- 4:30pm
- Varsity- 5:30pm-8pm
August 8th (JV Team and Freshmen Team Cut Day)
- Varsity Practice-3:30pm-5:30pm
August 9th (Varsity and JV Practice in Armory)
- Varsity Practice TBA-
- JV Practice TBA-
- Freshmen-Freshmen Family Mass and Overnight Retreat
(All times are subject to change)